RE: Find Audio
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: Find Audio
From: Mike Shane <mshane@salemomaha.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 23:31:33 +0000
Accept-language: en-US

What version of Audition is it?  With versions up to at least 1.5, if there IS a temp file, it ISN’T if you close the program!  Also, I can undo after saving in 1.5.  But if I CLOSE the file, then the Undo goes away.

We used to run backup recordings on all  long-form stuff for years of being burned by Audition freezing up 25 minutes into a recording and no way to get the temp file or any other file.  That behavior seems to have been cleared up in the change to Windows 7, so we’ve become lazy about the backup recording.  I still think that’ll bite us someday.

When we started running backup recordings, it was on a cassette: something that will have the audio up to the point of the power failure that stopped your recording.  After the file was sucessfully saved and then duplicated into the automation, the cassette was used over again…and again…and again.

We got tony and started using BurnIt CD recorders using CD-RWs so as to duplicate the function of recording new over an older recording on a cassette.  But we haven’t done that for years either.  In that case we would not finalize the disk, unless the Audition copy got whacked, then we’d just hit the finalize button and put a new CD-RW in the machine for next time.  I liked the cassettes better.

And congratulations, Willie!  Hitting those landmarks is a wonderful thing.  Are you gonna invite me and all your other CRTech friends to your 10th anniversary party?  J

Mike Shane

Salem Media Group Omaha