Re: Rivendell curiosity (USB/etc)
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Rivendell curiosity (USB/etc)
From: Willie Barnett <wbradiolists@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2017 10:23:58 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=vcjmSHd/g+CbPLAz0yCec2QoYGzAcmHzs170LQ+Eitc=; b=guLgr7IO83e+/IednwhPLcNeYaVGkbW3WUeNKmDsWPKPZK1o5Nq2ayYcgYP2UnpJAt JtPHvf7GjrM5tGy4yMbBmZM3Utn5NGeGpN2S7SvhAG9eJZbOK08y77aVCnEt2GaW/xyT NE5gWu/Fww89MGvd71IoTCElcsBPoMyiFuYk2f5hhq+t2Vj86/FjEOHBr+cK0B05Wwup ZL9agJBnrLP6Y4Gsdi6ZwMEfLiGvtvBJdpKqfoCzDMug1IaNsSR2PfFarS1LMFPLdRDL toOih3jOwcc6TFVSm1mQpt98FcspN6+E+WoS4LR2FSdvXYI4Ic9OGRSLe9oEv9cjLOS6 wR5A==
Whoah! :) Wow, Sherrod, that sounds like a pretty Herculean task! Kudos for making the attempt! :)

I think I will just burn a DVD, then... provided I can find/get/make a 32 bit compatible version! :o

As for "nuking" the HD's... what is on them is irrelevant, since these are experimental machines, so that's not a problem. :) I'll nuke 'em again and again if I have to! ;) (We'll teach those hatches!!)

Here's a "hmmmm...." question:
Since 3 of these test bed machines are pretty much identical, can the INSTALL be done on ONE, then the HD simply CLONED for the others? (Then set unique network names, IP addresses, etc, individually.) There must be a GOOD/EASY HD clone utility for Linux... but where? Which one? :)

That should save quite a bit of time! :)

Thinking of TIME... this is a "back burner" experiment that I'm working on in little bits and pieces, in between other projects of much higher priority. :) I can't just spend whole days on it.

I also HOPE that Rivendell will work with the built-in AC97 compatible sound cards in these machines. If not, then I may as well quit before I even get started. :(

Willie...