Caribbean Stations
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Caribbean Stations
From: Tim Madeira <Tim@wrgn.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 17:00:53 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:sender:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=NysCbs6dQYtX4Gjno4ETxdTWT1ljTH7nKLSf5mEbRgU=; b=i56Xoak8aoH+X1mpO6ygJc385g9SX6q6W29DBj8nXaV48f3/MJdu0bSWrX5E9MdG08 guKJNQ49x/nJFDOhPsi3Vzccn0fgPr4HNjO2XLopaC9y7ETwm+MhZwQw3KVe/v+zRBD7 j36LOCwqomprax+McXxXiVYsCQHDAzAkjbuUDhmF8cZ7Rx1GbnzEfZpERJBzzf3A1MV4 SX8dcAv+DbBd4mwOkIME1e+jBMrh/S2oGzK/w16xsDFdwOtByMSiU9x7jta2UjmaJqdh NH8DRADWVIGtgKBK+P4qN0kUSXjcB0+0VCkGy9ApKxhjQGXbMEGLMpW2QF8NvvbT93P3 fLJA==
I know Jim asked about the status of the stations in Puerto Rico, and we have been watching both Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands very closely for the past couple of weeks.

I wanted to give an update on our sister station WIVH located on St Croix in the USVI. WIVH services St Croix, St John and  St Thomas, as well as having listeners on Tortola. The station was able to continue broadcasting throughout the entirety of Hurricane
Irma, and although St. Croix received a lot of rain, it was not affected nearly as much as St Thomas and St. John. Some of our listeners on St Thomas lost home, others had extensive damage to property.

Unfortunately, Hurricane Maria followed closely on the heels of Irma, the brunt of this hurricane hitting St Croix, and obviously Puerto Rico. However, those on St John and St Thomas got pounded with rain... Which really affected them since many of the buildings were without roofs or had partial roofs, including the hospital on St Thomas. I understand flights to St Thomas we're scheduled to begin today, although I'm not sure if that actually happened. I do know that many residents of Saint Croix are without access to nearly anything, since power is out on the entirety of the island, and the stores are empty because they had been shipping many goods over to St Thomas & John, who had been devastated by Hurricane Irma.

WIVH is currently off the air, with a portion of the roof missing on our building, are receive satellite dish twisted on its axis, STL to the Tower twisted off its mast and the masted broken. At the tower site we have lost the harness that feeds our 3 Bay antenna, and our STL dish has been spun around. Once internet has been restored and we can get a climber on the tower to reattach the feed line, we will begin Broadcasting over a barix unit using the internet from here in the states until we can get the Studio's their are up and running again. Inline image 2

This year is our 25th year of broadcasting in the Virgin Islands... Looks like it was a blowout celebration! (My attempt to inject a bit of humor to the situation) Seriously, we have been blessed to operate in the islands for 25 years, and although it's not always easy, we know the Lord is not done with the work there!

Appreciate your prayers!

Tim
Tim Madeira
General Manager