RE: National EAS Test
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: National EAS Test
From: Mike Shane <mshane@salemomaha.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 00:32:14 +0000
Accept-language: en-US

We heard that Minnesota was a mess.  Here, some stations got the OTA first, some got the IPAWS first – possibly dependent on the scanning interval of an individual endec and how busy the server was when that particular request came calling.  We got lucky and received IPAWS first on our single box for 3-station cluster, so all three of our stations relayed the IPAWS version, which was about as perfect as it could be.

Wish our RMTs could be like that (or that they would just go away).  No extra tones, just the ones generated by our own box; voice quality was superb.  And no problem getting on the website to file forms 2.

Mike Shane

Salem Media Group Omaha