Re: Livewire over Ubiquiti AirFiber
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Livewire over Ubiquiti AirFiber
From: Alex McKenzie <alex@kprd.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 10:45:16 -0500
I don't have experience with airfiber, but have a lot consumer grade ubiquiti radios in service, some carrying backup audio chains. What's helped me a lot is knowing my required bandwidth and modulating accordingly, usually I'll set it to run at 1.5-2x what my calculated payload is. Also, even if a channel looks clean on the spectrum analysis, I've found it really worth giving "airSelect" 3-4 channels to choose from and set the hop interval pretty fast, 500-1000ms or so.  What looks clean and clear right now on public waves rarely stays that way!

I imagine things are a little different with airFiber, and I know that Axia audio is super stable in house, but I have a hard time wrapping my mind around getting flawless performance wireless. I'm not sure, but if there's any way to increase the buffer in the livewire feed that may be the ticket to seamless performance.

Alex McKenzie
Chief Engineer
The Praise Network