Re: Eclipse 2017 AM Spectrum Waterfall
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Eclipse 2017 AM Spectrum Waterfall
From: Dave Obergoenner <daveobergoenner@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 09:05:57 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=yVITx0broT2ggb2k0G4KsXrf/FofUMURDCDO4peJzOQ=; b=dBc6rZKLDZopMoJoy7gY8p3QDBdYHq10H2nmTqNoJS56rfQhYIrVwtSSNmocPb4XPZ G+vHC4PbpERxoUfwSOlDKdumlxFFIZsVZn2lnAhSxiAeh7ZWxoaneDbDpHV4AsqH3Le+ cS3790d8tIfLCwz8bWelWNSvq6hsA+uTXrCc6EWCuPd8aq/SHuYWn1rDdtjuYmXeBSIz g9895WnKpVYPn2yg//dK39Kv7QA8nBp3wsBjyg/oY9sp4ebeVz5HP/WDTMtI9Ln7a8BX pGg/WG0t3QVxnN6BZ0i9e0G0mFRN2ney9L0BYEv5PnqWzdriWmwRy6QZvcro7wRbimxL XKpg==
Great pics too Kevin!

I must say, I was somewhat skeptical of the sky-wave effect of a fairly fast-moving eclipse like this one was, but clearly, the band did light-up.

The one we will have in April 2024 will take a considerably different path, and last longer.  At my house we had a little over 2 minutes this time.  In 2024 we will have more than 4 minutes of totality.  Should be interesting to see how those compare.

I'm 65 now, and this was the first total eclipse I've ever witnessed.  It was amazing!  If I'm still breathing, I'll be watching the 2024 for sure.

Dave O.