Prayers for Puerto Rico
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Prayers for Puerto Rico
From: Dalan Decker <programming@therockradio.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2017 10:07:32 -0400
Hey all,

The mainland news has barely covered how Puerto Rico has stepped up after Hurricane Irma, with normal people creating flotillas of aid to send to the little islands in the Caribbean.  Hundreds of tons of emergency were gathered at impromptu drop-off sites in churches and businesses.  Normal people took them over in little fishing boats, pleasure craft, anything that floats.  Our National Guard was deployed to St. Thomas.  Thousands of people evacuated here from the hardest hit islands. One mayor in St. Thomas compared it to Dunkirk.

Well, now it's our turn.  Tomorrow morning Hurricane Maria is set to hit.  It doesn't look like she will be a monster like Irma (Category 3, not 5), but our brush with Irma we had showed how shaky our infrastructure is.  At The Rock we lost power for 5 days across our stations, but plenty of our listeners have not gotten light back yet - and now there's no way they will get it back for weeks, maybe months.

So pray for us!  And for our tower sites, etc.

*Dalan E. Decker, Programming Director*
*The Rock Radio Network*
WBMJ (AM-1190) San Juan Metro
WIVV (AM-1370) Vieques / Virgin Islands