RE: Liquid Cooled Transmitters
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: Liquid Cooled Transmitters
From: Mike Shane <mshane@salemomaha.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 22:19:30 +0000
Accept-language: en-US

FWIW, there is an article in this month’s Radio magazine about Cumulus’s install of water cooled rigs in Bridgeport, CT.  One thing I noticed is that the heat exchangers are put outside.  I’m thinking that also puts them at risk of theft if not locked up beyond the building perimeter fence or maybe put on the roof.  I don’t think the depiction is a roof installation because there is a concrete pad under it all.

Mike Shane

Salem Media Group Omaha