Re: Radio Data Center email
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Radio Data Center email
From: Mike Shane <mshane@salemomaha.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 17:47:02 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Hello Aaron,

I got one of these, too.  Two things bothered me.  1) The phrase: "consolidate your brand," which means nothing to me and resembles the misspellings (sp? :) ) one often sees on phishing emails; and 2) signature required.

First off, I would not even be authorized to sign a release for a company logo.  YMMV, of course.  Secondly, if they didn't know who they should have sent it to in our company, "too bad, you lose."

So while I can't confirm it's not legit, there was enough wrong with it for me to conclude it was a phish and I moved on.

Mike Shane
Operations Manager
Salem Media Group Omaha
.KCRO 660 AM 106.5 FM The Word