Re: Computer audio levels randomly lowered
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Computer audio levels randomly lowered
From: Joel Force <wpgmit@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2017 08:12:22 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=gKg7Lhx26rfPTnceYM/yWwOR3HhA3u+ERDAOMMb87cU=; b=kZCuy7w2xchve0KFxeEWkRysx0pRl+KEcX5xP1BEzT7vQ74LwcYc7VZ1E00dc4KbHM 9qL10Bn9pV5AKOQ+3lOrfyxFL9RcZMZDnlUXEVDnhWEmn6wnaOXeARW8jvfkPXVMcRlR J4IWP9nWmcENeY5cbvJjk8BOhmnDNHWz7FwkkbA5Um6T4GIo6K4BtE1rD+ZXgeT1gPL7 amVJrzp8PWOG43euBjeAjLhpiyQ256ESWzY17R6fT+8AzAvOnIXtzGuzQsqj7hkhNydO XehwZeNrD1nwcFRukFdd87aI30IkX6MNc4szuyKc7X8uSsNGlg7C6IEnCFr6HmFVXmCY cFOw==
Sounds familiar. Last year, one of our recording computers kept lowering the microphone level. I would raise the mic volume only to have it automatically go back down!

After some digging, I discovered the issue was apparently caused by Trojan horse malware introduced thanks to a fake Firefox update popup. Once the malware was eradicated the issue was gone and we could record again.

Joel Force
IT Coordinator