To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: RFI
From: Tom Van Gorkom <tomvangorkom@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 14:30:22 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=uF1ODOUkAxGu7oPgcRGvrCKTt0B2EN0xTpYmGTzRWRc=; b=bYG0/hHc2UmVaClZbdZImRnfi6BFVvTWvNE3XUwkKezm/AunVqaSFfMtSNjQgiLQQ2 7QTGVDPVMAsnfh901VyWaAv4qYF4L+G5Bl/rwOi5W+U/1nLuXUKZxgRl78j5iMC8i2DQ a0Q/dEvhJs8W+Q7Rqsgz+hhynaZnOC9TclOeVZWZ4zJRnE1elZt0K3tCNHPMOjQG5dK2 8A44YJFHTSImdB1sxSiTROpEwCAs5Xpf8eQo0BIpzzERec48yQJBDJckzGLqD6UAzcUn bUw6UI+6lvtvG2mctPQ8vc/3iVI3F2WBSt83leZiTau4Qa1sdQCOmFsucxRJg+KpcQwN efAA==
I don't feel like an expert but our church meets in a school gym and closely related to the Christian School... We went with powered speakers and the Behringer X18 Air to eliminate having a wired mixer board and lots of equipment. It gives you EQ for all channels, monitors, and the room. It includes compression/limiters on any channel all controlled via full remote on a tablet for $600 +/-. Then they set up AppleTV hooked to the projector and stream all the media to it so that the sound control and Sunday set up is a simple wireless system - very portable. Just log in with the media laptop and turn on the sound with the tablet. The pastor can connect wirelessly with his apple Laptop and display his notes on the screen as well. We have been recording on a computer in the closet wired to the audio of the mixer, run via TeamViewer. I probably missed several details but it seems to work well.

Tom Van Gorkom
Office: 956-380-8150
Cell: 865-803-7427

Rio Grande Bible Institute