To: 'CRTech' <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: RFI
From: Nathaniel Steele <nathaniel.steele@icloud.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2017 16:05:17 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=icloud.com; s=04042017; t=1503525919; bh=eEqmGY8JddA8ni+RsqSNaoysvRVGIdF/c3bd5jLeCJA=; h=From:To:Subject:Date:Message-id:MIME-version:Content-type; b=Zb8fUN2LAjdQ/ymlvRb/oi4DBFec/JdcomLA8uW0N3WWwkr79m6UoT75PkVlKttJB dSK85RpwyWgImrUXjeJHeJQU9G1iujIPNDb5HQzw+VRJVY1lsq5BHKSBKJ1SqEBJUJ bbItsy5k4cmKkARJX6UexixZe7FHiTjB5bZi2+vDREAgOktMXcrqsLgdKGcDomV88e lyaL+QkDU0YqLX8/VSubASpLP1DKcZCEpFlasJnXBU8/rlbPjCC7xsMe/MOrCfmITw 4VTMigYzKWJntqhpL3oj4W8ueCN2BvYwkN/XKQ0+VI1HI9/H6poFiuqvwBCFSLn9At yqbhwz5/Iq3Hg==

An actual budget number would be really useful. And what do they want to do with it? Just the pastor? 5 piece praise band? Full Choir? Orchestra? Theatrical productions? Multitrack recording or 2 track?  Input list would be good and where do they want to go with it in the future? Quality gear has never been more affordable, but it still seems so many want the world for 500  bucks…..

Many digital mixers now include a 2 track recorder that records straight to a usb drive. Many also have a built in multitrack USB interface. In fact with a good quality analog mixer starting around 1K I would recommend digital even for smaller setups, won’t cost much more and you will get compressors/gates/eq on every input and output with most. Yamaha, Allen & Heath, and Soundcraft all make affordable small digital mixers. The Behringer X32 is also an affordable option, I know many who love them though I myself am still somewhat hesitant to recommend, probably for no good reason other than having never used one. Wireless Mics I prefer senheiser Evolution or sure ULX, ata about 500 a channel. The cheaper mics of either brand are OK too but I recommend spending about 500 a channel for the better mics. Buy once and feel the pain only once….Buy twice and you know the rest….