Re: repair of switching...
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: repair of switching...
From: Mark Bohnett <mbohnett43@bevcomm.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 07:54:20 -0500
We have had to replace five PWR supplies from our Nautel in "the Cities" over the last three years. Nautel does not repair them because they did not create them. Third party product. The original PWR also are native Canadian and we attempted to get one repaired.  Nightmare logistically. They have no representative office in the US and we played with border paperwork and the like.  The repair was only $169.00 ... BUT the shipping, phone calls, Canadian "Paperwork Fees", shipping expense.  Did I mention shipping expense! It was about 150.00 cheaper than a new one ($450.00) but the local UPS shipper says they will not attempt that a second time. They didn't like the paperwork and the charges they had to front. Short story buying a new one is the easiest route unless you into international intrigue! :)

Ron Huckeby <huckebyrj@gmail.com> wrote:

You are probably better off with new ones from Nautel.  They just replaced one for me that was a few months over the 4 year warranty on a VS-1. They have made improvements to them that increases dependability.

Our NV 12 at 7000 ft elevation went through power supplies regularly. The new UG69J have held up well.

Worth a phone call.

Ron Huckeby, CBRE
Broadcast Engineer
Butte, MT