Re: Moving Heavy Objects
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Moving Heavy Objects
From: Tim Roberts <tim@kmocfm.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2017 13:59:29 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=kmocfm-com.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=sgnTkEuGLsEvAyAfW9PsEnRQcf75XzYn8vyMcoJ68KY=; b=wZAaNhxnyLN/ju+OVwvqtx8iC0NjxgeumaAqQw7aRB5NFfZ6tdPtbwrsmDnDZWnsg3 gR7poChIjLO8P88U1izXpJmSClfJQXykqga1beFpQO2QlVNe6mye2QpQir2TWZpTTIOF YTsVe/S3AWqvXQCc1siGsSBv/TRWQjpd/0dO5K/SmbR4xs3CANXUzJuHAWhvmI03Tgsy qeKKnMZDxMVt73SJ7EVMkncQ4njJpKsO2MSntPTGbYj96lW52RQdqWy7bKHMP2JV+LL6 sEzwLtZC1uW3hvkrl4ppVj3BGoy0gr0w9jTBc8ZoKVCVJUouIWL3Wu6vmgOm77nOD1Mj At4g==
You will probably need to reinforce the pallet if you use a preexisting one. Make sure it's joined underneath and on top. Leave places so you can strap it down well. Pallet wrap it if it's going into storage, but strap it down as well, at least when moving it. A pallet jack might help to get it up on the pallet, but I wouldn't recommend trying to get it on a trailer with a pallet jack. That's asking for trouble. See if you can borrow a pallet jack and forklift or trade out some spots for services rendered.
Just my thoughts...
-Tim