Re: Silence sense reboot solution?
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Silence sense reboot solution?
From: Mark Bohnett <mbohnett43@bevcomm.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2017 15:54:54 -0500
Alex. If the system is new you might want to monitor the Receiver's EBNO closure
rather than a silence sense unit.  We started with 70 sec and that was not satisfactory for powers to be.  No its 6sec!  I get called for everything that is silent!  We observe that when the EBNO is around 5, we drop off the grid.

Paul Brown <pbrown@kvip.org> wrote:

If you don't have internet service at the site you might want to try webpowerswitch.com. The unit we use can ping an address and reboot it as

needed. I don't know if the XDS receiver lends itself to that (does it still respond to a ping if searching for a signal) or not. Just something to

consider. We use an 8 outlet version at our main FM transmitter site to reboot various devices via internet control. Most recently it was the

web server in our Nautel transmitter.

Paul Brown

KVIP Radio

Redding, CA