Re: Silence sense reboot solution?
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Silence sense reboot solution?
From: Mark Bohnett <mbohnett43@bevcomm.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2017 15:46:13 -0500
Alex. That is not the norm for K-You.  Rain fade yes ... Lock down, no. Are you using the Broadcast International receivers?  We use the StarOne.  What does your local receiver do? This unit is used to auto adjust the power levels during rain fade and is a good test box for what is happening in the field.  With the StarOne the audio problem was corrected with upgrade of software. If your not using the ID StarOne units I'll not be much help.

Jesse Diller <jdiller@weec.org> wrote:

If you don't already have a silence sensor with this capability, this is relatively straightforward (and inexpensive) to implement with a Raspberry Pi, relay module, and USB sound card.  As a bonus, you can do what I did and also plug in a temp/humidity sensor to the Pi and query it by SNMP.

- Jesse Diller

IT Director, Strong Tower Christian Media
WEEC 100.7FM / WFCJ 93.7FM