Re: Audacity - New Features
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Audacity - New Features
From: Andy Larsen <andy@whwl.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2017 12:32:14 -0400
References: <b768655857a94583a23bc030dc5ce8ae@KAMBSERVER.KAMB.local> <d205c6d8-ad32-9403-06bd-041ee8925eee@whwl.net> <417a15367595460d913917378b8d9453@KAMBSERVER.KAMB.local> <CAK+-YcpWUKANjqOzbx1muMkKRL1TsTRjgQBrTEVBQa=aRmpQ7Q@mail.gmail.com> <55405287-ffc9-710a-b819-8f6a47c68593@therockradio.org> <186e3d37-f1ca-d565-2bde-c97547b2d894@reyware.us> <5ab1978d-942a-f069-998d-385d79ec70ec@whwl.net> <f59b900503fd4bd199fbfb6110c52f7c@KAMBSERVER.KAMB.local> <9e40394f-cb58-43c8-463d-ca53c5da5320@therockradio.org>
I like saving money too. I still use Audacity on computers where I only need to do occasional editing, like at my desk. I just wouldn't recommend it for full-time use by part-time staff in a professional radio environment. If it works for you, fantastic!

We purchased the upgrade from Cool Edit Pro to Audition 1.0 and have never felt the need to upgrade. I would buy an old serial number version before I paid for a subscription.