Silence sense reboot solution?
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Silence sense reboot solution?
From: Alex McKenzie <alex@kprd.org>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2017 09:08:59 -0500
At the first of the year, I rebuilt a Ku satellite uplink/downlinks, going from an old Comstream to an XDS system.

As of yet and with many requests for ideas, and no help from support, we haven't figured out why the receivers refuse to lock back on and play audio after rain fade.

I'm driving this morning three hours to reboot a satellite receiver to get s translator back on the air.... Again!

Does anyone in the brain trust have an elegant solution for an AC power switch controlled by a silence sensor?

Or a lead on what might cause all my XDS receivers to give up and stop trying to sync back up?

Thanks in advance!

--
Alex McKenzie
785-656-1767