RE: HF Ham Radio recommendation : Gen coverage rcvr
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: HF Ham Radio recommendation : Gen coverage rcvr
From: Mike Shane <mshane@salemomaha.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 20:53:12 +0000
Accept-language: en-US

While we’re talking about big iron, I have a Hallicrafters SX-42 (receiver 540 kHz-108 MHz including an FM detector that works 54-108 MHz) that I’m afraid I’m going to need to find a good home for.  I had it on through a Variac a few months ago and didn’t blow anything up but it needs some loving care, to start with a new line cord because the old one is frayed and cracked.

I’d love to do some restoration on it but I just don’t think I have the time nor the desire to drag its excessive weight around much. Near broke something (on me, not the receiver!) trying to get it into the building several months ago.  But if you like big iron and full fidelity AM with the matching speaker, it’s in your ballpark.

No shipping.  Pickup in Omaha, NE. email me off list.

Mike Shane

Salem Media Group Omaha