RE: In Line Surge Protectors for Satellite Receivers
To: "'CRTech'" <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: In Line Surge Protectors for Satellite Receivers
From: "Bill Hurne" <billhurne@pilgrimradio.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 09:51:30 -0700

I had the LNB supply voltage regulator blow a couple times from lightning.   In this case it was easily repaired by replacing the regulator chip.

The dish was grounded at the dish with a ground rod, but this wasn’t good enough.   Lightning damage incidents ended after installing a heavy ground conductor from the studio ground to the dish to keep both at the same potential.

Bill