RE: Tinkering with Linux (Was: Goodbye WIN10)
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: Tinkering with Linux (Was: Goodbye WIN10)
From: Dylan Kraayenrink <dylan@keysforkids.org>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 14:36:59 +0000
Accept-language: en-US

I’ve been using Ubuntu Studio for about the past year and a half. I like that they set up their distro to include a lot of “creative suite”-type software, like Audacity, GIMP, and other tools for audio, video, and graphic production. You can choose whether or not to install these programs when you install the OS, so you don’t have to have many extra programs cluttering up your machine.

They also use the XFCE  desktop environment by default, which is designed to use fewer system resources, so you can run it on older machines or save resources for the programs you’re running.

I’ve enjoyed using and learning about Linux personally; I have no experience with using it for radio (i.e. Rivendell/CentOS).

Dylan Kraayenbrink

Donate online at keysforkids.net/donate

Program Director | Keys for Kids Radio