RE: Zipwhip? anyone using this
To: "'CRTech'" <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: Zipwhip? anyone using this
From: "Jeff Heins \(Groups\)" <jlheins0001@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 13:48:26 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=from:to:references:in-reply-to:subject:date:message-id:mime-version :thread-index:content-language; bh=dAdrnbbvhgO7M1uzDh6aL2a6rUyz2tdMp5pU6whPgJA=; b=umg4jk6ABYStbjPWxcx/PHwnrr4KTj9CXQ2/7Y7W1QUZHX3OQUMc14rSimtKtrVMlX IkBMI2mIm/hbidXNxJJsekryWb+ghwXYB4XVcJa6pUWBdgiiOrda3dVoG3ORQAdFHzoj x6f9d9/MUsX7vsphCMZmidvrRc1EwpZbdZuDozT0wkOF/NnjkzS4dOSLAEv+dG2d02CC +qIaScCejXUgWOCpFLEeZBfbWd0Bmsn6f7yinjMZ5BaD8VXWt5iWEMf7Q1BcdUSgOTUR iibyD5rcWw/tkfzWbNC8CIGt/jteVCC+6fSxHBe1avTG5MItrP1Rq8YhQzAwbqLfNOcD oFdg==

We’ve been using it for over a year and a half, love it.

We have it set to our toll free number, which is our main call in number.

Apps are available for Windows, Mac, Android and iOS, which is how you receive and respond to the text messages. That is helpful when the person handling the messages at that time isn’t in the studio – they can be anywhere they have connectivity.

It’s a good, basic texting app. We haven’t tried to dive into their API or do any sort of integration with our database, would be curious if anyone has and to what success?

We heavily use the keyword feature, where someone texts a word to our number and the auto responder for that word sends them back a message, and in our case usually a link.

For example, if you text “pray” you will get a link back to our Prayer Works site. If you text “give” you get our donation form, etc.

We first set up with them as a demo the week of our spring pledge drive last year. They had what appeared to be server issues or something, turned out to be apparently a denial of service attack against one of their data centers they use. I believe they grown a bit since then and have better redundancy.

We also have had issues twice, about 9 months apart, where a texts from a specific regional cell provider (not one of the big ones, but a solid footprint in about 80% of our listener areas) were not routing to ZipWhip, but instead were routing to our voice provider – which generated a “text to speech” message going to our voice line. The first time it took about a week, since it was relatively new to us, took us a bit to identify that it was just one provider, and then get ZipWhip to look at the issue. They had to push out several times the routing info into the PSTN network so all carriers systems knew where to route texts for our number.

Second time around was much faster, both for us isolating the issue, and for them to push the fix out.

Otherwise no real issues, other than we’ve made suggestions about “prettying up” the apps and adding some function to them.

Jeff Heins

My Bridge Radio Network