Re: Barix over cell hotspot as STL backup
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Barix over cell hotspot as STL backup
From: Kevin Trueblood <kevin@neptuneradio.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 12:59:08 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=neptuneradio-net.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=HCJOD4U6MzX1Z63YQFrh+PhlPHm8xS1myAo6Nq/orHE=; b=Y5EEhEmMlgUKscRxv5dtR6lzSDwKDCYV/9JfsdKGIuITl7+Y+2wgD4995zz9NpwtE5 6317M01yvKCQmV3+W7/weZYoIRI3TYZiKnbtYS/3NtsK8NXesTC+My+zStzAJ9ljZRx5 hrHiKSw6WemliPoZD8p+uaAwVYqUHJiu5Uz3mzPLhvtmDDF18aRbijK7pqnVvgm3yHlK 56zClSb7HQSxhE8CCAkYl5wDQRChrzlZhv3gEvGAg6EqJoONeSauhY13S1o0Xa9fe/RR 7crlZrFYBnS/GJSnYqh4DqmICzEH9TIbi0YUxdfda88nyGNFGooYpYHwzdTgpJF9M8Ld UVUQ==
Yes, I am currently doing it at 2 sites.  It's actually a Netgear router with 4G.  It works just fine!

The primary issues I have with them are the modem will lock up occasionally.  For this, I have a stream connected relay from the Barix hooked up to the Davicom remote.  If the stream is disconnected for more than 5 minutes, it power cycles the modem.

I've had it on the air for 24 hours stretches once when our fiber circuit went down.  Worked fine!

Kevin