Re: Home landline advice needed
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Home landline advice needed
From: John Stortz <ka4flx@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2017 02:38:37 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=OVWAKpR/9v6ClC9FrSzhD0+s0I5yfkZHGSrkhMyFRgA=; b=Wl3iDjV8bzEg1QZmSjawl1xqqZf3oJslRODpksrTdfsAUXUSDoZrEXKgwZPeRyzxQB +t0DAsEj81wvseW2eXNQZ1RZQeAgf4OcMOCsMEeaKWItMVLMSm8Pu2ZSTnc3cESL5Zkm jlNnygrMDF051wXOLhR24BquNY6tpcI3xwfRfAQudl/5FL7eqtxqrWgKWx2VvaDnNMaw NfbmQHiw+ARrjjBn/HMk2L92IBQuUFIDd9QCSeDDeP9qP53yjG/RbPI1MkoU5VETwVeW o673Xyo2RmNvaU2QUOP2u7eayfu6DRsbZxgEeyMtfNxJcOCcMs5kOBD0jhWqRyftrsWM S+1Q==
My wife & I receive robo-calls & live telemarketer calls on our cellphones, here in Florida, even though we are registered on the "Do Not Call" list. Same with our home phone number & her business lines. I think the protection which used to be on cellphones has expired.

One thing about robo-calls; I find it easier to feed it lies, than I would do to a real person. Had a robo-call on Saturday, offering to "Lower the interest on my school loans." I told the machine I had "About $100,000 in School loans." Then it asked me if I was currently working & I said, "No."
[I was not working at that particular minute... But the $100,000 was a lie.

John S.

*Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other.
*~Oscar Ameringer~