RE: Electrical Inspection
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: Electrical Inspection
From: Tim Vik <tim@spirit1053.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 19:06:04 +0000

I have run into this problem with tower lighting controllers.

In Washington State, there is an option to install equipment which is not UL listed if you have one of the state approved Professional Engineers inspect the equipment, issue a report and apply their sticker.  Last I checked, there were maybe 10 individuals approved by the state to do the inspections.  Cost was about $1000 for a tower lighting controller.  3 hour drive out, 10 minutes on site, then 3 hour drive back.  Guy seemed to enjoy the day away from the desk.

Most of my transmitter installs have had their electrical signed off without any problems.  One inspector did question the Nautel NV10lt, I was able to show him some info Terry Ellis of Nautel sent me (individual power supplies were UL listed, transmitter did comply with IEC…), then he signed off.

Tim Vik