RE: Electrical Inspection
To: "'CRTech'" <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: Electrical Inspection
From: "Ron Huckeby" <huckebyrj@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 13:01:03 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=from:to:references:in-reply-to:subject:date:message-id:mime-version :thread-index:content-language; bh=Og+bwaL3GibdU9nG0HyzDFmt6Rt2PxmlvAy2EmQrqes=; b=MhIQU/JKXpM4roVDGPBkwf6hSvILFdNpjF0QtqcymrNuN2/E0qAhh8braYxuucZxd8 zHUyQrWZSKQyOXx0+TpW1K/Tv7ajpNeB0nm9VhgoxudDwDP5MyAlC99eh4meTRxlQuni gEqZmbg6RvjhbWI6Ck398rbmmIXPi4qA/PwjvLxXEydFxbl4a2WMlhFH0FAm6cb19mun fOOcxceeDqGZxXeYQLQfbb3gRRjL21wdYdoskyRSbyv+et6VMd1Rny14GK7Y46jxifuv 2yx5jiF1VJxi/NyvUEWveRJQSPhNh/a5DX3PIJb7Pcsd0QwBfLmFdfqorPhn0DJfbVWX LPEw==

Oh, but it entirely depends on the electrical inspector and his interpretation of the rules, Jeff!

There was a big write up in Radio World 15-20 years ago when stations in LA could not get their installation passed by the inspector because the transmitter was not UL listed. Some 200 amp 3 phase plugs and receptacles later, the transmitter could be used as I recall reading the story.

This saga has been ongoing for many years. Someday, someone will get the NFPA to add a broadcast transmitters exemption to the NEC, I hope.

Ron Huckeby, CBRE

Broadcast Engineer

Butte, Montana

406.491.4998