Re: Electrical Inspection
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Electrical Inspection
From: Jeff Welton <welton.jeff@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 00:42:46 -0300
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=Hg/oJOpC16ZrOXUs91hz9EDBgnho7AA3nrZcdO8SVog=; b=s/3xKDFUPR5l/BzwUJ1xo+WgridxCGUxVhWSHH80X0WA0qiasNS+Reu6DLgDjzjC48 KNiEvE8E+W2i6jXxzeIdbZDDVj1SQmpiND9q7i61Lg4mWXBrjF9Act7W9jpQ3Q+44qzd 12EB9TsJ68PY0kksS2he2m172OnS8y2DlmOfsbRLfIyN6d+wBy95Mc1NlNV+1ex+TRx6 426TO8BO8hY4hLVTrjeXIHGuWwfa2+E8Y6BP0p0q145dmY60tijPg59yQ2Vc6IF/9yO4 BerwbwFALT3jbs2Xfrdpft1pbUgQ62v+RyogcsD7ggJePiLEVtIZpJiWzyvcVA3Pe9EA xPrw==
The short answer, based on what I've been told in the past, is that if it's industrial equipment (which applies to broadcast transmitters), UL certification isn't required. That's not to say it hasn't changed recently, or won't at some point in the future. However, for the half dozen times I've had customers asking for UL certification, that's been the response. Keeping in mind, I haven't been the guy answering the phones at 3am for over 10 yrs now. :D