Re: Sunday morning worship service live broadcast?
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Sunday morning worship service live broadcast?
From: JIm Turvaville <jimturbo61@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2017 12:12:10 +0000 (UTC)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s2048; t=1500639130; bh=O8kgzMKDR4gyWGh8I0RydENYP06KlDTi0IDX4BGCWkM=; h=Date:From:Reply-To:To:In-Reply-To:References:Subject:From:Subject; b=bG2V53LDnv+Ji14PaWWExil3joql9G90lUzH2rsJhGoRQK372SzT+XEX9trF6WfyXsOO1lCq+M3QwKp7qKwR5Ibkn1yjnuv8JgjjBwzHQAgUcZ350ncfmaoJYaZwhsRPg1OyuqdjOjBUmxXzkQSeEdrGwM7PkugDKvT65Y96kyDFyJysVlz+NEzJKmUxF9u5N8DowmfNENsxXKAJiRx/WiP+uh/dZ1zT34zkvw5xUXn6tyBYBSZV/RO0/eojC0Tmy1jtOybZTktXwcHYaNwVJ+VTKObtux8q5sDy5rFnT3svnBqF37zDpQR95whpOuFCP3dM9Fi2VOehGIMIXCKSPA==
I do not think this is inappropriate, but it is my personal opinion on this matter. I own and operate a pair of small market FM stations so this comes from direct experience and policy.

I have to honestly say that I cringe at the thought of airing a live broadcast... I spend the other 167 hours of the week doing all I can to make good radio without pregnant pauses, wildly erratic audio levels and people talking off mic, to allow someone to blow all of that in the other 1 hour.

Unless that church has someone who really knows their stuff and can produce something worth airing, I only accept pre-recorded programs which they (or we) can do some post production on to make them sound like programming listeners will not turn off. After all, the church DOES want listeners don't they? Putting horribly produced programming on the air does not lead to that result.

Let me be even more honest - I do not air MY OWN church's service live, and I'm the Media Director!  It's just not good radio IMHO, and I've set a standard for my listening audience that I intend to keep, no matter if it is 10AM on a Sunday.

As always, YMMV!

Jim "Turbo" Turvaville
SBE Certified Radio Engineer
Turbo Technical Services