Re: Re: Studio Window Supplier
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Re: Studio Window Supplier
From: Kevin Kidd <kkbroadcastengineering@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 11:30:36 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=5GmPiQlAm6scJqzVk3YnQfcvjUKopHVeYEW+dtEXCDI=; b=Vp9OjyG5DHPf12HVhKndouhXzHVbp8RiAVBtgD3vG8rxDa+9dWhR204iSkCEgXg40I fNEsNq2spRG/ufnfPaZQS/6guAUc3ssxi4bO8Vb33/GJpHb8p1M7GqliVzKyzDRdQ/iG wC6RpLanoM+Mvp/xjmcyUF7QQvH1VtgyfsUhomjtKfzAbEtqu+/Xv6255mNePwbjc5oA 6cVeGh4Pv0H+7eobWLcNaaTob6p6t0Mni3JYJTo2TUcWTOXaGv4g4igG8a+Zv4qjCQCg WBD11o4rN01H4LW4s9scgtUDgIchQvZ3mtt+HOCgxv4gdNkIE4au4X2NBYbAG8ar6/1m 5wEg==
As I understand it, this is how SWI does it with their single pane windows and doors.  They bond several different thicknesses of glass together with a clear adhesive that creates a number of different internal Z bumps and diffracts (or maybe refracts) the sound rather than transmitting it thru to the other side.  Their little test booth was pretty impressive and not just a little disorienting...

Kevin C. Kidd, CSRE/AMD
Lawrenceburg, TN
AM Ground Systems Company  -  WD4RAT
kkidd@kkbc.com  --  866-22-RADIO -- 866-227-2346