Re: Re: Studio Window Supplier
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Re: Studio Window Supplier
From: Nathaniel Steele <nathaniel.steele@icloud.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 09:26:07 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=icloud.com; s=04042017; t=1500045970; bh=UpDLd1MVJCrAUB3pxusYgbhUKHMnauSXf8RJutjgOCc=; h=MIME-version:Content-type:From:To:Date:Message-id:Subject; b=Td2DUtIdY8ya5WmI/v5LTon/fw52ujGX//9Z5CYSsn7QbSfruDt1xly1C3IWwZ0J0 E7smtDuR0RfrE35zCA6DAObQptZXODCQzIdly1uYRjlVXjaLdegVyND2nwnEwiJkOz 5l885uy89pRnmcuy/l7VnTA5HR1JmtCD3yIrNIwb4NARJdvqc7mHKNFflecWre6oo+ ueljeYn9dQh9F4UqXef0tpje65PJAz9yEBLlfFF7UpMZHNnLYePMyRkYM17cmtjHav JOZQhx8zkPGhWQlFcunJU4xDOZ7/LwE5TrYRqCW0tjY5eECBCscXqY1bwufOztbrwI KSu1slu4vQ27g==
I wpuld add that it is better to use two different thicknesses of glass say 1/2" and 5/8". Ypu are basically trying to make an impedance mismatch for the sound waves. Also if you have a dual wall, make sure that the two halves of the window are also decoupled (not touching, just like the walls). You do this with two frames instead of one. Then inside you can use black felt to hide the gap.