RE: Tascam 202 MKIII Question
To: "'CRTech'" <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: Tascam 202 MKIII Question
From: "Bill Hurne" <billhurne@pilgrimradio.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 09:21:37 -0700

Normally the heads don’t rise in FFWD or REW so the tape doesn’t come in contact with the heads.  Could be some transport issue.    You said the spindles don’t turn, this indicates trouble with the transport.   The mechanism that drives the spindles in FFWD and REW isn’t necessarily the same mechanical drive chain as PLAY.

Bill