Re: Tascam 202 MKIII Question
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Tascam 202 MKIII Question
From: Charley Mefferd <charley@amb-os.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 20:38:46 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; q=dns/txt; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=amb-os.com; s=default; h=Content-Type:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Date:Message-ID:From: References:To:Subject:Sender:Reply-To:Cc:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Content-ID :Content-Description:Resent-Date:Resent-From:Resent-Sender:Resent-To: Resent-Cc:Resent-Message-ID:List-Id:List-Help:List-Unsubscribe:List-Subscribe :List-Post:List-Owner:List-Archive; bh=reOQlOZliKh7FqFCNQD/HXbXv4vpVkVWtEWgfekQCKc=; b=n+CKaQQJiPog2/+S9RXGOrJUDW fJTyv3nt/8JgGAUb9FT5GAHa7QzWJtoRBMrw9Cc06iz05gleYkk9TvkhG8lviVOB/WbebrRIKEwfC dYg0KuxiEys4LnZFCI4iq8L3H;
The unit is approx 13 years old.  The rubber rollers don't seem to be hard or crusty and as I said, it plays just fine.  Without the cassette in the deck and with my finger tripping the sensor at the top, I see the heads rise up for one second, and then drop down.  The spindles do not spin. The spindles turn just fine when playing audio.  Both decks are doing the exact same thing.  They both have separate motors. I took the cover off and the only thing commons are the control surface and circuit board.  If it's not a setting, I fear it is an electrical malfunction preventing either of the FFWD or REV to work properly.