RE: Tascam 202 MKIII Question
To: "'CRTech'" <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: Tascam 202 MKIII Question
From: "Bill Hurne" <billhurne@pilgrimradio.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 16:32:00 -0700

How old are these decks?

Could be mechanical issues in the transport mechanism.   Try FFWD and REV with no tape in, and check if the take up spindles spin correctly with enough torque, and that the feed spindle turns freely.   Rubber idlers inside may need replacing, or use rubber conditioner designed for pressure rollers to restore them.

You may need to press a little lever the cassette normally catches to make the FFWD and REV operate.

Bill