Re: Time to upgrade
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Time to upgrade
From: Alex McKenzie <alex@kprd.org>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2017 08:44:17 -0500
I'll also toss into the ring here, that SSD for storage is no longer prohibitively expensive.  You can buy a TB SSD for a couple hundred bucks, and give that you're likely going to be storing and playing audio from that "storage" drive, the immediate access will smooth things over and make for an exceptionally pleasant experience!

We just built 5 automation computers and I didn't realize how cheap they'd become, I'm kicking myself for not making those audio drives SSD!

Best,
Alex

Alex McKenzie
Chief Engineer