Re: Time to upgrade
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Time to upgrade
From: dave allen <crtech-mail@reyware.us>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2017 06:52:21 -0600
there are also 'tricks' to stop updates in normal win10, tho they vary with each update. last i heard you could make it think you had a restricted-bandwidth internet (ie cellphone with data cap) and set the hours of use to zero. then you have to open it up to actually check for updates. but again that can change with new updates.

but win10 is more and more for your ordinary dufus, playing games and 'media'. i would go with win7 if possible. my source for that is refurbished desktops from Staples that come with win7pro. $200 or so is hard to beat and they (dell) just keep working.

dave