Re: Bird Meter Calibration
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Bird Meter Calibration
From: Mark Bohnett <mbohnett43@bevcomm.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2017 10:15:28 -0500
I was told that if the unit was in line to measure (instead of indirect method) the output, you need to have a separate set of slugs (never used any other time) that are used as a calibration comparison.  It requires that you buy the second set originally so both are calibrated to the line section.

Mark (MN)

John Stortz <ka4flx@gmail.com> wrote:

Are you relying on the Bird for remote metering? We used one mainly for high VSWR alarms & protection. Bird told me they couldn't guarantee a calibration unless I sent in the whole thing, including the line section. There was nothing to replace the line section, so unable to send in for calibration.

A Bird Wattmeter is really only measuring current. Current is related to power, of course, assuming the impedance is exactly 50 Ohms, or whatever original specs might be.

John S.

*Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other.
*~Oscar Ameringer~