Re: RE: NON-TECH Do you show excellent workmanship?
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>, Mike Shane <mshane@salemomaha.com>
Subject: Re: RE: NON-TECH Do you show excellent workmanship?
From: dave allen <crtech-mail@reyware.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 16:38:39 -0600
english is definitely one of the scarier (more scary?) languages on the planet.

dave

On 6/26/2017 4:34 PM, Mike Shane wrote:

I like a guy who works even while he’s taking breaks.  J

Hey, there’s plenty of born-here-in-the-USA folks who have trouble with the distinction between “home” and “hone” as used thus:

We HOME in on the problem and the target.

We HONE our skills and our sharp tools.

They’re not even homonyms.  Don’t get me started on “to” vs. “too.”

I cringe when I see or hear “hone in.”  It’s a transitive verb; it needs an object.  (Ok, now I’m getting all grammatical and will leave quietly…)

Mike Shane

Salem Media Group Omaha