RE: Office Phone Interface
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: Office Phone Interface
From: Sherrod Munday <Sherrod.Munday@SkyAngel.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 12:35:15 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
On Mon, 19 Jun 2017 at 17:32:38, Gullikson, Brian F wrote:
> The phone is a Toshiba, Model DP5022-SD.  They say the phone lines are
> "coming in on a T1", but that's all the info I have.  I've attached a picture of
> the phone handset.  Hopefully it comes through.

Brian:

The picture did make it through the listserv.

We have those exact model phones at our office.  The Toshiba system that feeds it is a digital system; an analog interface will not work on the RJ-11 line between the PBX and the desk set.

(For reference, the trunk lines coming in on a T1 doesn't affect how you'll get audio in/out of the desk set.  That's only how the telephone company feeds voice service to their office.)

As Tommy suggested, something like the JK box that works on the RJ-12 connection between the desk set and the handset would be best.

One thing to note is that the phone you pictured has a headset connection that is separate from the handset.  This will allow your client to keep the JK box connected at all times without interfering with the normal handset use.  They'll be able to use it by simply turning on the JK interface without lifting the handset from the desk set.

--
Sherrod Munday         sherrod.munday@skyangel.com
Sky Angel                 (423) 396-8130 (W)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email transmission (and/or the attachments accompanying it) may contain legally privileged and confidential information, and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, disclosure, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please promptly notify the sender by reply email and destroy the original message.