Re: Office Phone Interface
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Office Phone Interface
From: Mark Croom <markc@newmail.kinshipradio.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 07:26:59 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=newmail-kinshipradio-org.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=9YaLnsvKMYxtYP6KPjMftFfDzu1affD96zB+/S6fwjM=; b=1bz0v9vdEqyT3TTkeEnNIFbmXVSSvoYSL9gmE0ylFGqKV2WsOb5nfJGN896v9PJkt6 Mj6OGuRfjYY/RrDKUug+KisoUpMQlCJ3VDz8ZC6VdisD2VNyijZPIZzK6fxgZ0XvnaX1 xzyDznB9SQO3V/NopGDkMnSaRjuORgvq9jwOSqZiZPVe0hip8zfJRi1Crgl5xEGDrIgn FhHJUFt4N/h3z7/Ls46ZfZ5UThtZrMcoCKku9dtWTP9kpzz0U1AmvKHPWOEOtifSpXhN zihiVXtHJR6FJUw2o7NnZ5l6xemijUX+vTQikMuTZtQQwUxix+Ij/6+TZBtQmlkdvahz PYSA==
I was looking at this thread this morning and wanted to mention that despite my negative review of the Innkeeper PBX based on my real world experience, I don't really think it's because the design of the box is somehow deficient. It's just that the audio being sent through those handset wires is generally pretty bad, and you can't make great audio out of a bad source.

Overall I'm OK with the JK products though over the years I've become a fan of the Telos phone interfaces for what I think is superior audio quality. With all the terrible sounding interfaces we have had over the years I have gotten much fussier about what we use (TI-101 comes to mind here, I can hear that crunchy sound on the air and know immediately when a station is still using one).

Mark
MN