Awesome and FREE backup software
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Awesome and FREE backup software
From: Willie Barnett <wbradiolists@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2017 09:43:59 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=Mzp6Y9xxZGXdrCX311cFV5xLteKYPxVGanYmds72LDA=; b=lKZ7wUcgBNT6Vj07wVsRA+D4hKu0nWqsYFC28Z69nG1lsGV1RAmP7oHvhLL2nuDYn5 Yzb/GNUerNvrr93McIiY5j5zIu2v6bkYspABDMYYPqsci87LGpY+qYMT91EaJUyxwzEa cOjv/zWYNUcJIBRoLIFMOtmsyLVQjnK/BHvfHCv8KtM22NCTK5zni0c+n4lxSyjt+sSF gRLNiVEYba5eBILMgcrad9oi2BDf/ldvWfVcc3i4P6KprTN9K+93e1t6DOROYUTiQQX+ drPE8EaWV3tSZWunRMQlYqg21QnIzLuO/V6n7YLRK36YgqLBhSDV1qyOAKM2z5MOOmPF dPfg==
Kevin shares an absolute HORROR story!!! "​They didn't actually lose anything other than plant run time." That's $$$!!! :(

No need to elaborate how DAYS of no "run time" would affect radio stations! :o

Here is an absolutely *FREE* backup utility that I have relied upon for several YEARS now, and it works incredibly well! (The paid version has many more features, but basic backup & restore is all I've ever needed.)

It's called AOMEI Backupper. Worth 10 times the computer's weight in God Pressed Latinum!

http://www.backup-utility.com/

They also offer free partition software that is equally helpful and useful!

Creating backups can be done right within Windows! (Yes, you can even keep working while the backup runs in the background, but that slows things down.)

I have been creating drive images of every machine here, and then update those from time-to-time as needed. (After installing the patch against "Wannacry" I'm updating ALL of them, now.)

To restore from backup, I use a dedicated "workhorse" machine, where i plug in a new drive, then restore the backup onto it. I go to the failed (or failing) computer, swap drives, and power up. That's it... the backup is perfect!

It has genuinely saved our bacon, here, a number of times!! It has also saved mine at home, too!! ;)

Yes, it even makes perfect backups of the "oddball" partitioning used by some laptops! :)

Willie...
PS: I have absolutely zero affiliation with AOMEI, whatsoever. It is, quite simply, an absolutely amazing and effective product!! A true LIFE SAVER! :)