Re: Looking for a Delay Unit
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Looking for a Delay Unit
From: Steve Tuzeneu <stuzeneu@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 10:11:20 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=Jqy8AaqeYdyLYwrdLYI12ertTxyulmrxyFP0mEincqk=; b=L5sesK2hBlo5rzWh9fl1k5cdw+BPFZHllypYyCHAQTCIVIWRK8jBbjWpaks6Dt/Zve pJElnJ6cipVIlWHF7iztHPjxon21sNWLN0xcHBAReo1ESJG0dsqvwXk+K/5BpIqtm1W1 HVeEcvfBsQ0N4X/cYNoHBVzrkoxMxnSE/Glb85ShEUvRQkZ25oI1gbSWPreuzA2tGxWt ohCZhsEpeALGRo53iBUfJnjxx3KApmF1Z9YxnBaY41rkobq01axG3tfgfZ/jbBw6c+hM ZdnVYLKayB5MAKCpO3/8BK8UGdIhj1pUYyv9GXVfJTX+oJr/FkKpWqHbDbih05rcd3vm jJDg==
Sherrod:

The fist thing you see on the website is a profanity delay.  I thought that only what their box(es) did until I got more information from the representative.

You may go back to work now.  :)

Steve

--
Steve Tuzeneu,  CBT
Network Staff Engineer

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 10:07 AM, Sherrod Munday <smunday@ieee.org> wrote:
On May 18, 2017, at 8:58, Steve Tuzeneu <stuzeneu@gmail.com> wrote:
> I appreciate the suggestions I have read so far. Thanks so much.
>
> Unfortunately, none of them seem to fit what we need.   The 25-7 box looks to be designed for profanity delay, and I'm looking for something that will time shift our programming two hours.

Steve:

We must be missing something ... ?    Perhaps you could explain why the 25-7 *won't* do what you need?

The URL that Bill Hurne provided for the 25-7 Precision Delay shows that it delays audio, serial data (Now playing data, etc.) and relay closures (automation triggers, etc.) up to four hours.

If you simply never hit the Build, Exit, or Bypass buttons, this unit sounds like a COTS (Commercial Off-The-Shelf) ready-to-go appliance that precisely fits the bill of what you've described that you need.

OTOH, if you wanted a less expensive but DIY solution (which I understand you don't want, but if the price tag drives you away from the COTS solution, then this would be a viable option) then I would wholeheartedly second Matthew Chambers' recommendation of Rivendell with RDCatch recording hour-long chunks of audio and playing them back.  You wouldn't need any other components of the full-blown automation system; RDCatch would do everything you need in a single GUI.

There are some other Open-Source solutions that would work as a standalone software-based solution to your needs, but they get a bit farther off the beaten trail in this instance.

Sherrod Munday
<smunday@ieee.org>