RE: Radio automation computer got hacked
To: "'CRTech'" <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: Radio automation computer got hacked
From: "Don Prentice" <dprp1@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 10:18:19 -0700

John,

I have no idea…don’t have email on that computer.  Maybe Tight VNC?  I had installed ALL of the latest updates on the computers and they are win7 OS.

I normally use LOGMEIN.com to get to the computers.

I am looking for a virus remover software to run on everything to make sure they are clean before starting over---I do have to use backup data drives that were off site but still want to check before using anything.

It just spread to the production computer.  It has just been a nightmare.  It also hit one of my onsite backup drives too.

I took the network cables  off all the computers and just run the audio through them---they have audio processing cards in them.

I will have to start over with new hard drives and reinstall EVERYTHING!!

I think they found my IP and got through my router or something.

I am operating the station through a Barix to stay isolated from the studio drives!

Having a virus remover is great but it is like replacing the “broken down door but ALL of the things stolen are still gone!”

I emailed “them” right away but never got a response on how much or anything!

Let me know of a small virus software to strip the ransom virus before I use any drives.

Thanks,

Don