Re: AM tower tuning affected by fog
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: AM tower tuning affected by fog
From: Tom Van Gorkom <tomvangorkom@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2017 13:50:58 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=4TJer+fI0ug4ohvKBJj8+FPeomUOt5KOkXj0aeCCNnE=; b=MREnP6myLKYkMFSvkjNNP3AjumkLCls1q341HMo588rmdPrC7PPl/M6fWX3fgGx7+e o06MYpNDm5zuNyC/xxN92jOe2ZXdMzNsySFL3E9syBZ/f0FSHTZzCcSeY0S3aTO/IIw9 pl3Yf6xQ39ZHxSRpUOl+Nbgd3D1EOk7EhwsmknT/EYksQFYZk7aZpS3uj3fJvoeKmjIp OfEaCGMPcMaM947fxY9A7Zt72uTcyydOoLMt0IM7kQT3y7jdnPykIHaSozpT0ZxEnsXr ewDi04vSMs8rZ9xKSfpPXrW1RhoEaOSojdKVnjKaIV2KbMqPnfx5M3WYexEM2OSba9k7 ZvXA==
We have toroid transformers for sampling. The CP did increase by about 1/2 amp along with reflected power by a few watts, but still not a big change. I agree that it can't be much out of tune since tower 4 is usually very affected by tower 3's tuning - closest proximity of the 4 towers. Tower 1 is reference.

The only other thing I have changed recently on that tower is one of the 12 lower guy insulators - 24 inch fiberglass rods. That should not cause this unless somehow the new one with it's smooth finish conducts more when wet, but I can't imagine they could affect it much since they have the same rod insulators at the top as well and the guys are broken up all the way down. Just trying to think of what has changed.

Tom Van Gorkom
Office: 956-380-8150
Cell: 865-803-7427

Rio Grande Bible Institute