Re: Latency (WAS: axia/wheatstone)
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Latency (WAS: axia/wheatstone)
From: Alex McKenzie <alex@kprd.org>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 10:14:01 -0500
Great solution Alan!  Feeding just the headphones the processor studio feed!  No relays required.

I'll admit though that it makes more sense to me to monitor the program feed from a production stand point.  We're spoiled with the level of "post operator correction" in modern processing.  If the talent says they sound bad in program or the levels are all over the place, my philosophy is that level control starts with whoever's running the board and then the rest of the chain will sound even better!

If an operator doesn't understand the basics of audio levels (running hot into distortion, etc), then that's the root issue.

Best,
Alex

Alex McKenzie
Chief Engineer