RE: Burk Problems
To: "'CRTech'" <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: Burk Problems
From: "Bill Hurne" <billhurne@pilgrimradio.com>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2017 13:05:48 -0700

Very common to use an STL data channel or subcarrier to link the Burk telemetry to the transmitter.   And use a subcarrier on the main FM transmitter to link the Burk data back to the studio.   Burk supplies internal subcarrier generator cards for this.

Even with the Burk status lights flashing wildly, you may still be able to control the transmitter from the studio, turn it on and off, if only the telemetry link from the transmitter to the studio is down.   This would be a good test.

Bill