Re: Burk Problems
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Burk Problems
From: Terry Cowan <tcowan@knlr.com>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2017 12:24:34 -0700

Are you using Marti's for sending to transmitter?  And are you using a subcarrier on the Marti or just using the Marti as a telemetry link?  And it sounds like you are using a SCA channel for return telemetry.  Correct?

First check and see if you can turn the transmitter off and on.  If you can, the studio to transmitter link is working ok.  If you can't then go to the transmitter and see if you have a signal from the studio.

As for transmitter to studio, if you are using SCA, testing depends on how the Burk is configured.  If it has its own SCA generator, you could take the studio SCA (belar) monitor to the transmitter and feed the Burk SCA signal into it and observe the monitor.  If you have a stand-alone SCA generator at the transmitter, feed a tone into it and see if you can hear it at the studio.

Terry Cowan

KNLR/KNLX