Re: All zeroes?
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: All zeroes?
From: Mike Shane <mshane@salemomaha.com>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2017 13:44:21 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Yes a dead carrier. A VERY CLEAN dead carrier (unless it was totally down and our weather radio receiver [Sage receiver deck] has a squelch).

The audio is delivered over a digital link. Thus, silence equals all zeros. And came to find out they were having trouble with the link.

John S., I'm not sure what all ones would sound like but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be.  Pretty. :-)

In any event it's now up and running and sounds way better than the former NWR station here. No more "all zeros."

Mike Shane
Operations Manager
Salem Media Group Omaha
.KCRO 660 AM 106.5 FM The Word