FTP and 44.1
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: FTP and 44.1
From: Mark Murdock <mark@celebrationradio.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2017 17:11:27 +0000

I don’t know how many program producers and distributors are here, but I have a request. If you’re not distributed through Amb-OS, can we please use FTP for distribution and standardize on a sampling rate of 44.1 KHz? I’ve got one program provider that is now using BOX for distribution and running into problems because if one user deletes files in their local BOX folder once they’ve copied them or produced them, it deletes the files for the master online BOX folder. Some producers are using Dropbox to share files, which means downloading a zip file of an entire folder or downloading things one by one, which is time-consuming. I just finished producing some Easter PSAs from the Ambassador Easter “Tool Kit” which was on Dropbox, and there was a mixture of mp3 files, 44.1 wav files and 48k wav files. The mp3s I have to convert to 44.1 wav files, which I’m used to, but the 48k files have to be resampled to 44.1 because our old Scott Studios system does not like 48k files. Can’t you all just adapt yourselves to make things easier for me?! :D

Mark Murdock

Production Director

KAMB

90 E. 16th St.