RE: Best way to handle poor electric delivery
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: Best way to handle poor electric delivery
From: Solomon Bachman <sbachman@kcbi.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2017 19:09:16 +0000
Accept-language: en-US

@ Terry & Tom - There are three transformers on the pole, Line voltages are A-G 123 B-G 212 C-G 122 and L-L 240.

@Don and Bill - I haven’t tested it with ground resistance tester, however I rebuilt the ground system when I installed the transmitter. There is a 10ft rod driven 6ft off of each corner of the building plus a 10ft rod driven 10ft from the tower on the other side from the building. All the rods are connected together with 2-0 and bonded to the original ground system by cad-weld. The tower and building are connected to the ground system with 4in copper strap brazed to the 2-0.  Inside the building everything (including electrical and surge supressor) is bonded to ground with 4in strap. There is an old whole cored down ~150ft that I am contemplating dropping 4in strap into and backfilling, but that hasn’t happened yet. All that to say, this site used to have issues with lighting coming in from the tower and since I rebuilt the ground system I haven’t seen any evidence of lightning damage from that direction. I know someone with a ground resistance meter, so I’ll have to give that a try to make sure.

@Tom - I’m gonna avoid motor generators at all cost, lol!!

I was thinking an isolation transformer might work to stabilize the system as well but I can’t find anybody that has ever used one for this application which usually means I’m wrong.

Have any of you guys used the current line of Current Technology or Transtector suppressors? Issues, comments, praise?

Solomon N Bachman | Chief Engineer

KCBI 90.9 FM  |  Dallas-Fort Worth

Encouraging Music…Words of Hope

www.kcbi.org

O | 469.801.7022

C | 817.523.9523

***This Message Contains a Digital Signature for Authentication Purposes***