Re: Bambo cell tower story - for real or meant for 4/1?
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Bambo cell tower story - for real or meant for 4/1?
From: John Stortz <ka4flx@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 21:04:27 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=vVmHukrfpZHdTYw1msqTnPhnhSFfCO/DoBfKvaJogz8=; b=XjPn3MyY1DkmJQp4TDdnsYK9sTTGdjuHI8puLufeOVQGtQMp/J9L455Vs3pwxtay2v ZsYazCo38FgJHoCIbcyzwHancsVsSe90xEehznd2/AtPSMoB2cIV6YDyOy6rh1uhLq5V Tgtn4xKRFB6QJ/giExDEtC/tt8K/+fcXS4JF8WEzfkZL4cwhYOUUiBwjydhH3PpgZVV4 vncdfJqlWZKJzaeaS3I6kXbLLfAwLgMKjYIW2EP9QFga19fEiTaXKk/4LtpCwCwrBmve y+019rvJQEn38VOSlGhzrx4bHDMKyue0MFXEQIMgvAq2LwAxbvicYqo7w+3GhSLU7rKc LmUw==
I was surprised how short this tower is...
I have seen pictures of bamboo scaffolds going up at least 4 stories high.

Interesting how the diagonal braces appear to have been flattened near the ends. I guess the next step will be to construct a guyed tower from bamboo.

And what measures are taken for lightning protection? Maybe a few grounded lightning dissipaters.

John S.

*Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other.
*~Oscar Ameringer~